Serves 8-10 Time Taken 1 hour 5 minutes
- 250g caster sugar
- 225g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 175g full-fat Greek yogurt, plus extra to serve
- 2 lemons
- 3 eggs
- 250ml Raphael’s Med Deli Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- icing sugar, to serve
- Heat oven to 160C/140C Fan. Lightly grease a 23cm springform cake tin with oil and line the base with baking paper.
- Mix the sugar, flour, salt, bicarb and baking powder together in a large bowl.
- Measure the Greek yogurt into a separate bowl. Zest and juice in both lemons, whisk to loosen the yogurt. Crack in the eggs, pour in the olive oil and whisk together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, whisk until you have a smooth cake batter then pour into your cake tin. Bake in the centre of the oven for 50 minutes until a skewer poked into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Leave the cake to cool in it’s tin. Once cool dust with icing sugar and serve with Greek yogurt. Will happily keep in an airtight container for 3-4 days.