Serves 2 Time Taken 10 minutes
- 2 fat garlic cloves
- 250g cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 2 tbsp Raphael’s Med Deli Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Raphael’s Med Deli Organic Greek Oregano
- 225g pack halloumi
- 4 thick slices of crusty bread (such as sourdough)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Thinly slice the garlic cloves. Take the cherry tomatoes off the vine.
- Get a large frying pan over a high heat. Pour in the olive oil, add the garlic, tomatoes and 1 teaspoon of oregano. Fry the tomatoes, tossing occasionally, for 2-3 minutes until they just begin to burst, remove from the heat. Scrape into a bowl, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the halloumi. Put the bread in to toast.
- Get the frying pan back over a high heat (no need to wash it first!) Add the halloumi. Fry for 1-2 minutes on each side until crisp and golden brown then drizzle over the honey, sprinkle over the remaining oregano and sesame seeds. Give everything a good toss so that each piece of halloumi gets sticky and nicely coated.
- Divide the toast between two plates then spoon over the tomatoes. Top with the sesame and oregano crusted halloumi, then drizzle over a little more oil to serve.